Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

It never fails to amaze me how fast holiday mornings pass by. I spend weeks, sometimes even months preparing for 15 minutes. Ridiculous!

Still, the kids have fun. And at least Ian's agreeable to letting us sleep until 7am. Even though Mr. Bah Humbug himself, Steve, wants to move the celebrations to the afternoon. I told him that's what happens when you have grandchildren. They come over in the afternoon. Much easier.

And oh, how I'm looking forward to that day. I know it's silly in a way. I mean, it may never happen. Or the kids might all be like Kelvin and live too far away. But I still dream.

My ideal is to have a farm. Not a big one, just a small farm. On Easter, I'll hide eggs all over the farm. When the grand kids come, we'll have a great big egg hunt, and they'll have to really work for their prizes. Then we'll finish up with a big feast and games.

I think I was born in the wrong era.

On a quick mental health note, I'm off the anti depressants. It's a bit sooner than I wanted, but out of necessity. Ian ran out of his meds, and we don't get him in to the doctor until Tuesday. So, I've given him the last of my meds to get us through. I've been weaning myself off them for a while, so at least I' haven't crashed out this time. It's been a few day without the meds now, and I'm still feeling ok. I told Steve last night, though, so he can help keep an eye on my moods. At least he can understand why I've been a bit more crabby than usual lately. Still, I think it's going pretty good.

Now, I'm off to do my exercising. I haven't been doing it for the last few weeks. Between sickness and calcium crash, I haven't been able to. Sucks, too, because I've had to go back down to level one and I'm not doing as many miles as I had been. Hopefully it won't take me long to get back to where I was, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment