Sunday, March 17, 2013

To market, to market

We decided to pay a visit to the local Farmer's Market yesterday morning. I've been sick as a dog all week, and this was my one "big" outing, but it's something I've wanted to check out for a few months. Both Steve and I do arts and crafts, and we wanted to see if the market would be somewhere we could possibly get in to in order to sell stuff.

Talk about uninspiring!

Maybe we just have high standards, but the crafts that we saw being offered were just, well...Meh. Most of it was food- fruit, veg, herbs- as it should be. It's a farmer's market afterall. But most of the stalls with "stuff" were cheap made in China crap. And the ones that were handmade items were worse! Ick.

So, we've decided to give it a go. I'll check out what it will take to get a stall sorted, and we'll work towards making sure we've got enough stock. Not sure if we'll be a hit because our quality is among the top of what we saw there or not, but we'll see.

I know I sound like a total bitch, so I'll qualify that a few of the stalls did have some really nice offerings. Unfortunately, since this was the first time we've been, I can't say if that means the quality is going up, or down.

No comments:

Post a Comment