Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wasting time

This isn't a real post, it's just me procrastinating. I have a lot that I should be doing, but zero motivation.

I should be sewing. I have a dress that's most of the way done. It's not for me. It's not for anyone. It's supposed to show what I'm capable of to bring into the local sewing shop to show the owner so she'll start referring clients to me. This could be the answer to my next "should be" topic.

I should be applying for jobs. I applied for one this morning but it's getting really hard for a couple of reasons. First, I've applied for countless jobs without even receiving so much as a thanks but no thanks letter. It's depressing. At least give me the satisfaction of being rejected. I hate being ignored. And second, all the jobs listed that I'm interested in and/or qualified for, I've already applied for at least once, in some cases multiple times. And how depressing is that? If someone does finally call, it's because they're so incredibly desperate after months of begging everyone else that they're now scraping the bottom. Of course, like the geek I am, I'll jump on that call and pretend that I was their second choice all along.

I should be preparing for Tribal Fusion camp. It's next month. I wanted 3 complete outfits ready to sell as well as some jewelry, hair falls, and dream catchers. Not to mention finishing the tent and making cushions. Meh.

I should be doing coursework for my 2 classes. I have seminars tomorrow to prepare for. Reading to do. Questions to answer. I repeat: Meh.

I should be exercising. The doctor told me not to because I have crippling shin splints. Doctors don't really know. I should be exercising. I'm just sitting here getting fatter. But then I feel guilty enough to exercise, stand up, and collapse in a twitching heap because my body hates me so much. Touche body. I'm not real keen on you these days either.

I should be cleaning. This place is a pig sty. It's gotten to the point where it's too big a job. It's scary. I should invite someone over for a visit. Then it would have to get cleaned.

So, there's a lot of things I should be doing. Some of which I actually want to be doing, but can't seem to get started. I'm a great planner, but a lousy executioner. And because I've given up on Gestapobook, I'm not particularly adept at procrastinating either. I'm at loose ends.

1 comment:

  1. 'lousy executioner' ... I beg to differ, I've seen the bodies!

    ReplyDelete