Friday, February 8, 2013

Travelling Red Dress

Have you heard about this? It's quite cool. Basically, people donate gorgeous red dresses, photographers donate a photo session, and people who need a bit of a pick-me-up benefit from it.

So what happens if you're so far down the hole that you feel unworthy of the red dress?

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I actually found myself on the facebook page for the red dress asking for help, in tears, before I caught my reflection in the window and deleted the whole post. Honestly, I don't want photographic evidence of how I look right now.

So then I went looking for other people's red dress photos, and they all look so gorgeous. I'd hate to ruin the whole project because if people saw me, they'd loose faith in the whole bloody thing. Plus, I'd really hate if I couldn't find a dress to fit, photographer to subject themselves to look at me that long, and let's not forget it would take a make up artist several hours to make this look human. And of course, I'd still hate the photos.

I'm the least photogenic person I know. It's been that way forever. Even my baby pictures look awkward!

Maybe someday I'll work up the courage. Right now I think I'll just focus on getting out of bed every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment