Saturday, February 9, 2013

Creature of habit

I've had this laptop for a few months now, and before that I used a netbook for.....a long time. Time has little meaning for me.

Anyway, the point is I haven't used a mouse on a regular basis for years. I've started having issues with this laptop lately, though, so Steve, being the computer guru in the house, has been working on it a bit. Trying, in vain, to get the stupid machine to stop trying to kill me. The touch pad on this thing is so sensitive that you can blow on the damned thing and it will move the curser around! I've sort of gotten used to it, even though it still pisses me off to no end to type a bunch of stuff, only to have my palm select and delete it all. Ctrl Z fixes it, usually, but it's still a pain.

Steve, on the other hand, has spent a lot of time yelling at the touch pad. So yesterday he bought me a mouse.

Yay! Joy of joys! And I will admit it will be a lot easier. Once I get used to it.

I keep trying to select things with my touch pad, and then yelling at my computer before remembering that the touch pad is now turned off because I have a mouse.

My computer is an evil bitch, and I know she's laughing at my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment